childhood memories
Thursday, March 12, 2009

What I remember most out of my childhood memories, my favorite is my first time eating one of my favorite desserts.... Barley dessert. It looks kind of like oatmeal, but has a slightly sharper sweet taste and less nutty flavor.If my grandmother or was busy, she would just boil the barley for us as a drink. If she had the time, we got barley as a dessert, with other ingredients added. Candied winter melon are one of the ingredients added to barley dessert, but one does not always see them. When added, it gives a interesting crunch and goes well with the barley.

When I was first introduced to the Barley dessert .I found it to be a strange looking bowl of white gooey beans-like substance. I was very stubborn about not eating the Barley dessert. however the Barley dessert soon got my curiosity and I decided to try just a bit of it.It was very sweet and the dessert won me over,and soon I was pestering for the dessert. I would also help out in the process of cooking it .

It is now still one of my favorite desserts and occasionally I would ask my grand mother to cook it for me.



Me
owned by wanxin 2E2:)


previously

credits
Layout: Blurrz
Resources: Portfelia